Saturday, July 2, 2016

Fail that is Not Actually a Fail

I started a 30 Day Gratitude Challenge on Instagram two weeks ago.

How many days have I actually posted?

Seven. And one was a cheat throwback photo that was not even relevant to that day's topic.

I can't call it as failure. I set out to be grateful for random, if small, things every day, and I've been so busy enjoying my life and the people I'm surrounded by that I don't want to stop and pick up my phone to take a picture and post it on Instagram. I'd rather spend more time with my boyfriend, my friends, my pets, and have those memories to myself instead of blasting "LOOK HOW HAPPY I AM" on social media.

Yesterday, I went to a place where I was afraid to go, as I suffered an injury there a few months ago. Ran into a couple old friends, and we caught up. These people have witnessed some of the darkest times in my life, and when it was brought up, THEY were happy that I've gotten out of those situations, that I'm in a better place now, that I made an effort to get out and reconnect with people...

As I return to living life, I'm still amazed to discover how many people have my back.

Love y'all, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment