Monday, August 8, 2016

I really hate having to do this... NOW WITH POSITIVE EDITS!

Yesterday, I posted the following, with a link to my GoFundMe campaign:

I don't know who reads this (if I have any readers at all), but I need some help.Tl;dr I have been applying for jobs to no avail, and my phone is about to get shut down because I have no money to pay the bill. Any money from this campaign will go directly to Boost Mobile, so that any potential employers I have previously applied to are still able to reach me.




I can happily report that within two hours of setting the page up, a kind friend from Ravelry generously met my goal, and with kind words. People are amazing in good ways, when you least expect it!

I've always questioned the ethics behind starting a fundraising campaign for myself, but I had a legitimate need, and this is living proof that it can be accomplished through a site like GoFundMe with no need for guilt or shaming.

I'd call that an Internet Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment