Monday, July 11, 2016

Hurricane's First PokeWalk

Confession time: I never played Pokemon as a kid, but seeing friends posting hilarious screenshots and memes on Facebook made me want to check it out. Instant addiction.

Today, I took it out of the house for the first time, as I was out of Pokeballs (THE HORROR!)

First stop, the nearest Library branch. Check.
Second stop, a mural on the opposite side of the neighborhood. Check.

It was at that point that I noticed all of the spots and gyms on the highway. Most of the spots are murals/art/music related. Most of the gyms are near places I've been wanting to check out.

There was even a locally owned restaurant throwing up clouds of Incense to lure in Pokewalking business. They made me want a PoBoy more than I wanted a Pikachu. GENIOUS LEVEL MARKETING.

What I thought was going to be a silly pointless game is motivating me to get out of the house, walk further than I have since my injuries, encouraging business...

10/10- Highly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment